The session submission form has closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal! We will be contacting all submitters in June.
Session Proposal Guidance
- Focus: Preference will be given to sessions that focus on multi-family, affordable housing projects, and/or those that have lessons learned that can be applied to such projects. This may include, but is not limited to research, standards, practices, processes, and built projects around:
- Affordable Housing
- Funding Strategies
- Multi-family Housing
- Net-zero Energy
- Occupant Health and Wellness
- Passive House
- Policies, Codes, and Standards
- Resilient Communities
- Retrofits and Existing Buildings
- Projects: If you are submitting a project-based session, preference will be given to those that are complete, certified, and have performance data.
- Session Length: In the session proposal form, submitters can indicate whether their session can be 30, 45, and/or 60 minutes long. The New Gravity Steering Workgroup may request selected sessions to modify timing with guidance and support from Green Building United and Illinois Green Alliance staff.
- Session Style: Sessions may be structured traditionally (three presenters and a moderator) or creatively styled (PechaKucha, for example).
- Speaker Best Practices: Green Building United and Illinois Green Alliance will be providing guidance for selected sessions on best practices for speakers and presentations, including how-to assistance with the online delivery platform.
If you have any questions about the call for sessions, please contact Leah Wirgau or Katie Kaluzny.