Lessons Learned from former Chief Sustainability Officers (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Hear from former heads of Sustainability for Regional and National companies how they stood up their program, what worked and as importantly what did not (and how to avoid these pit falls).
- Brad Molotsky, Partner at Duane Morris, LLP and former head of and creator of Brandywine program
- Cavarly Garrett, Former head of and creator of JP Morgan program
- Sukanya Paciorek, Former head of and creator of Vornado Realty program
- Eugenia Gregorio, Former Head of Tower Companies
Designing Net Zero Energy Multifamily HVAC (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
Building codes and local regulations are driving the building industry towards lower energy buildings. Net zero energy multifamily buildings present an enormous opportunity to deliver resilient and profitable assets.
- Emma Raymont, P.E., Director of Engineering at MaGrann Associates
- Scott Welch, Principal at Torti Gallas and Partners
- Jon Jensen, Director of Sustainability at MaGrann Associates
CLF Philly presents: Opportunities for Stakeholders in Embodied Carbon Reduction on Projects (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
This session will cover how designers, contractors, and suppliers can collaborate to reduce embodied carbon on projects.
- Denise Richards, Partner, PE at Keast & Hood
- Tim Hurtack, Director of Quality at Silvi
- Myrrh Caplan, Senior Sustainability Director at Skanska
- Lisa Conway, VP Sustainability - Americas at CLF Philly/Interface
Beyond Resiliency: NYCDEP’s approach to green roof/hybrid solar projects in partnership with NYC Public Schools (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
This session will describe how NYCDEP is working in partnership with NYCDOE on rooftop retrofit projects, that achieve mutually beneficial goals for rooftop replacement, stormwater management, and solar PV installation.
- Rebecca Peet, Project Manager at NYC Environmental Protection
- Courtney Finneran, Project Manager at Jacobs Civil Consultants, Inc.
- Christina Guerrero, Senior Architect at Jacobs Civil Consultants, Inc.
- Ryan Mierzwa, Structural Engineer at Jacobs Civil Consultants, Inc.
Integrated Design to Build Resilient Communities Improving Health and Wellbeing (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Exploring the symbiotic relationship between the built and natural environments and its positive effects on health and wellbeing
- Sabrina Barker, Director of Development at Jonathan Rose Companies
- Marissa Hebert, AIA, CPHC, Associate and Architect at WRT
- David Gamba, CPHC, Senior Associate and Project Manager at WRT
Circular Solutions: Local, Innovative Approaches to Global Issues with Glass Recycling (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
Come learn how recycling glass can help build resources, reduce trash and help save the world!
- Fern Gookin, LEED AP, Director of Sustainability at Revolution Recovery
- Rebecca Popowsky, Research Associate at The OLIN Studio
- Rebecca Davies, Board Member at Bottle Underground
- Theresa Loux, PH.D., PE, Technical Manager, AeroAggregates of NA, LLC
Beyond a Singular Solution - A Holistic Approach to Urban Agriculture (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
Accompany us on a holistic exploration of the complexity of urban agriculture, dispelling pervasive misperceptions while envisioning a sustainable future urban food system grounded in a multidisciplinary and multi-scalar approach.
- Michael Grove, Chair of Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, and Ecology at Sasaki
- Scot Murdoch, Partner at KSS
- Eugenia Ellis, Director at dLUX light lab
- Christina Drexel, Designer I at BCV Architects and Interiors
Deconstruction Now: Practical Tips to Efficiently and Economically Use Deconstruction On Your Next Project (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Join Circular Philadelphia and Philly Reclaim for a session offering practical guidelines and existing incentives for incorporating deconstruction into your next project.
- Nic Esposito, Director of Policy and Engagement at Circular Philadelphia
- Greg Trainor, Executive Director at Philadelphia Community Corps and Philly Reclaim
Analysis Paralysis: Energy Modeling in an Age of Many Choices (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Explore the opportunities and challenges that go along with different methods of energy modeling using Wufi, REM/Rate, and ASHRAE 90.1 models. Case studies will demonstrate costs and benefits.
- Heather Medlin, Architect at Re:Vision Architecture
- Arvinder Dang, Associate Principal at dbHMS
- Ahmad Mahmud, PE, LEED AP, Principal at BSEG
- Nick Semon, Senior PM at Re:Vision Architecture
Public Works Reimagined: Greening Delaware County (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
In 2021 Delaware County engaged a facilities study and energy audit of all owned buildings and properties; this session will review the project’s scope, process, findings, and resulting action plan.
- Michael Thompson, Project Manager at KCBA Architects
- Francine Locke, Chief Sustainability Officer at Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Kaustubh Chabukswar, Program Manager, Energy Sustainability & Capital Planning at Bureau Veritas Group
Beyond Passive House: Equitable Decarbonization (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
We will share how we incorporate embodied carbon awareness into our work advising clients on a multitude of Passive House projects, along with refrigerant awareness.
- Michael Hindle, Principal | MFA, CPHC at Passive to Positive
- Christina Aßmann, Associate | Senior Architect | Sustainability Consultant | NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, CPHC, WELL AP at Passive to Positive
- Ben Roush, Principal | PE-ME, FPE, LEED AP BD+C, CCP, ASHRAE BEMP and BEAP at FSi Engineers
Decarbonizing the City of Philadelphia with District Energy (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Through integrating new technologies and renewable energy sources, this session demonstrates how district energy is disrupting the energy transition by rapidly and cost-effectively decarbonizing urban centers.
- Matt O’Malley, Chief Sustainability Officer at Vicinity Energy
- William CiCroce, CEO at Vicinity Energy
- Kathleen Fink, Energy Manager at Penn Medicine
Energy Efficient Design: The Prescription for Sustainable Development (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
As Philadelphia experiences a surge in real estate development to support the rapidly growing life sciences industry, energy-efficient design is essential to ensure the built environment does its part in promoting health and sustainability in the region.
- Shannon Christie, Sr. Energy Efficiency Program Manager at PECO
- Randy Haines, Director of Energy Management at Thomas Jefferson University
- Jason Kindt, Energy & Sustainability Program Manager at CBRE for Merck
- Cathy Reed, System Energy Manager at JLL for Main Line Health
- Miguel Feliciano, Energy Efficiency Account Manager at CMC Energy Services, Inc.
Bringing Energy Equity to Every Corner of Philadelphia (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Hear about local organizations putting equity front and center as they help residents, businesses, building owners, and developers build cleaner, greener buildings and promote equitable development for all.
- Rishika Ghosh, Senior Associate at Philadelphia Green Capital Corp
- Shonique Banks, Director of Development and Workforce Initiatives Philadelphia Energy Authority
- Matina Granieri, Program Manager of Place-Based Initiatives at Philadelphia Office of Sustainability
From Net-zero to Eco-positive: Buildings as Micro-Habitats (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
From net-zero to eco-positive: micro habitat buildings that feed and shelter birds and pollinators are climate resilient public health investments, essential adaptive infrastructure for a future that has already arrived.
- Helena van Vliet, RA Dipl. Ing. AIA, Principal at Helena van Vliet, LLC, President at bioPhilly, and Adjunct Faculty, at Thomas Jefferson University, and Pratt
- Connie Sanchez, Program Coordinator: Bird-Friendly Buildings at National Audubon Society
- Fredda Lippes, Design and Construction Manager at City of Philadelphia, and Vice President bioPhilly
- Laura Hansplant, Principal | Director of Design, Studio Sustena
“Decarbonization” Debunked (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
Carbon isn’t bad, it’s just misplaced. A restorative future for the built, natural, and social environments depends on a realignment of operational, embodied, and sequestered carbon.
- Drew Lavine, AIA, LFA, CPHC, LEED AP BD+C, Partner & Director of Design at Re:Vision Architecture
- Angela Iraldi, Sustainability Consultant at Re:Vision Architecture
Love Where You Live – Working with Communities on Green Strategies (1 AIA, 1 GBCI, 1 LFA)
Join the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and community partners for a panel discussion on harnessing the power of community partnerships in advancing public health equity through gardening and greening.
- Matt Rader, President at Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Samir Dalal, LandCare Program Manager at Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Majeedah Rashid, Chief Operating Officer at Nicetown CDC
- Gregory Thompson, Project Manager at Institute for Development for African American Youth
Eastern Pennsylvania: The US Leader in Dynamic Glass Adoption (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Hear from three local adopters of Dynamic Glass technology about what drove their decision and the energy, comfort and occupant wellness impacts that decision had.
- Whitney Crull, Director of the Bowers Center at Elizabethtown College
- Rich Gottlieb, President and COO at Keystone Property Group
- Benedict Dubbs, Principal at Murray Associates
- Tamara Alvarez, Manager, Partnerships and Business Development at Saint-Gobain
Process Disruption: People Centered Project Teams (1 AIA, 1 GBCI)
Explore how the intersection of health, equity and environmental sustainability creates disruption opportunities leading to new design and construction processes and possibly a new project team framework that is focused on the overall well-being of our users.
- Andrew Horning, VP and Sustainability Leader, BALA Consulting Engineers
- Matthew Ezold, VP and Director of Digital Planning, BALA Consulting Engineers
- Elizabeth Larson, Sustainability Engineer, BALA Consulting Engineers