In January, we explored case studies of how jurisdictions are using policies and standards to achieve net zero energy, and how they can be applied in New Castle County. Join us as we continue the conversation with residential and commercial builders leading the way.
Delaware has a number of projects, both built and in construction, that are designed to a zero energy standard. As part of this webinar, you’ll learn about existing standards, including the Department of Energy’s Zero Energy Ready Homes, Passive House, and the International Living Future’s Zero Energy Certification, and hear from designers, builders, and verifiers building above code to meet ambitious energy reduction goals.
Presented by: DE Community of Green Building United, New Castle County, Councilwoman Dee Durham, and the DE Clean Energy Coalition
- Welcome - Dee Durham, NCC County Council & Rich Hall, NCC Land Use General Manager
- Introduction - Bahareh van Boekhold, GBU DE Community
- Zero Energy Standards Overview - Scott Kelly- Re:Vision Architecture
- Zero Energy Ready Homes: Builder Experience - Kevin Brozyna, Insight Homes
- Zero Energy Ready Homes: Verifier Experience - Matt Humphry, Energy Services Group (ESG)
- Mt. Cuba Case Study - Scott Kelly- Re:Vision Architecture
With Support From: World Class Supply
Watch: Preparing for Next Zero: New Castle County