Philadelphia non-residential building owners, managers, staff and tenants all stand to gain from the retrocommissioning process. By taking a holistic look at an existing building, retrocommissioning can lower building operating costs by reducing demand, energy consumption and extend the life of equipment.
As the City of Philadelphia’s Building Tune-Up requirements are approaching due, building owners will learn from a panel of building science and PECO engineering experts how retrocommissioning can help to provide both the energy and non-energy benefits they need to achieve these program goals. With new financial incentives available from PECO, managing the cost of retrocommissioning projects is simple. The panel will discuss how control strategies, operational efficiencies, and system interdependencies affect energy consumption in a building and help to identify new opportunities for improvement. Presenters will discuss how retrocommissioning and PECO have helped them to meet Building Tune-Up requirements and achieve success.
- Participants will learn how retrocommissioning can help them to achieve energy and non-energy benefits including extended equipment life, thermal comfort, and improved indoor air quality.
- Learn how to leverage financial incentives from PECO to mitigate the costs of Building-Tune Up requirements that will lead to long-term energy savings.
- Learn about continuous commissioning strategies and how they are necessary to identify new opportunities for improvement as operational changes are made.
- Learn how retrocommissioning can be utilized to reduce risk of unexpected repairs, premature equipment replacements and helps to identify future capital outlays.
- Mary Alcaraz, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Senior Project Manager, Facilities Project Management and Construction, PE, LC, LEED AP
- Hadas Webb, Cimetrics, Inc., Managing Director of Analytics
- Agbedi Akpednou, PECO Energy Efficiency Solutions, Engineer, PECO Outreach Team Manager
- Jeff Byers, PECO Energy, Senior Program Manager, Smart Business Solutions (Moderator)
Non-Members: $25 (Want to become a member? Join today!)